This program will be an introductory and familiarisation service for our employees, pertaining specifically to the Client prior to mobilisation to the work location. This program is targeted at community members who have not been exposed to what is considered to be a "regular" work environment.
The syllabus will increase the understanding of the Client's OH&S and HR policies and procedures whilst reinforcing appropriate behaviour and values in the aim of creating a more harmonious environment for Aboriginal people to work in. It will also include the cross cultural differences and relationship which must be fostered with senior and middle management as well as new colleagues.
Training programs can be tailored to suit the Client's needs and can involve:
- Company and site specific inductions
- Mining familiarisations / terminology
- Isolation and tagging assessments
- First aid
- Pit permit theory / driver awareness training
- Maintenance training
- Healthy lifestyle training
- Hazard awareness
- Back care
- Take 5 training
- Support services offered by the client
- JHA training